AutoPod is a reasonably feature rich product however we are looking for new ideas and improvements all the time. We will consider all new requests for features and are working hard to fulfil the reasonable requests that we have already received. Like all software of this nature, AutoPod is an evolving system and we are excited to keep fleshing out the platform to make it truly useful for all radio stations.
All AutoPod plans have the same features.
AutoPod is in active development and features are subject to change over time. Check back here for updates as the software evolves
- Automatic creation of On Demand Content based on your broadcast schedule
- Episodes are the full duration of the show and not split up into hour long chunks
- Create episodes retroactively
- Simple to use interface / central dashboard for managing configuration
- Easily manage shows and episodes
- Delegate access to shows with Presenter user accounts and a simplified interface
- mobile friendly and easy to change 'on the go'
- Nothing to Download, Run or install
- Fully cloud based
- We look after and monitor the stream and recorders
- No limits on Bandwidth, listers or number of episodes
- Audio captured in the original streamed quality, no transcoding of audio to lower bitrates
- If your stream is 320kbps the episodes will be 320kbps.
- Episodes are transcoded to MP3 to provide maximum compatibility with all other platforms (many will not accept anything other than MP3 even though there are arguably better formats available)
- Audio stored on highly resilient storage platform with 99.999999999% durability
- Multiple weeks worth of Schedules
- AutoPod can handle as many weeks worth of schedules as you need. facilitating a Week A / B style setup.
- Copy one schedule to a new week or add a blank week.
- Fully cloud / software based. No need to buy any new equipment or change any existing configurations (sits on top of your existing setup)
- Embeddable HTML Widgets
- Inline Players, Episodes by Show, Station Search, Shows View & more...
- Customisable colour scheme to match your website
- Responsive, simply change the iFrame size to fit your needs
- RSS Feeds
- Per Stream, Show and Group
- Compatible with all leading podcast platforms
- Show categories map to Apple Podcast categories
- Manual Episode uploads (for content not broadcast 'on air')
- Online Exclusives
- Special Web Episodes
- Begin to supplement your existing station all using the same platform
- Schedule manually uploaded episodes for future release
- Mixcloud Connector for automatic uploads to the Mixcloud Platform
- Listener statistics across platforms
- Presented in the dashboard
- Statistics per strea, show or individual episode
- Shows can be public or private
- Some content you want to record but not share publicly
- simple tick option to enable or disable this on a show-by-show basis
- Download and Keep Episodes
- Although episodes are only available within AutoPod for the length of the plan that you have subscribed too, at the end of the day it is your content and we attempt to make it easy to download to a local machine as needed
- Compatible with RSS feed downloaders (i.e. you could setup a computer to automatically grab all episodes and store them locally if you needed this feature)
- Full station ROT / Log kept for 60 days
- AutoPod keeps a segmented version of the whole station output for 60 days
- used as an additional safety measure alongside your current ROT (record of transmittion) / Logging software for additional peace of mind
- Export from the ROT at any time from any device.
- Show Groups
- Ability to group shows such as 'Drivetime' where there is a different presenter on each day or to create groups where a presenter has multiple different shows
- Each group gets it's own embeddable widgets & RSS feeds
- Configurable stream delay (to account for time taken to get from the Station to the Recorder)
- RadioDNS Schedule Connector - If you expose your schedule as RDNS compatible XML AutoPod can automatically ingest this from an external source
Custom trim times per show
- Automatically trim fixed items such as a 2 minute news bulletin / fixed promos from the beginning of a show
- Option to move episoes to an archive which makes it available in the dashboard but not available to the public. Any episode that has been archived can be unarchived at any time.
- Shows have the ability to Auto Archive episodes within them, so if you had a show that you did not want to make episodes public for the full length of your AutoPod subscription plan days this is configurable (for instance you might only want to keep 4 weeks of drivetime shows but the full 90 days for specialist shows)
- Episodes stored on highly accessible storage and encrypted using SSL – ensuring no security warnings in web browsers and safer access to storage